Monday, July 10, 2006

Sticks and stones really piss me off!

***WARNING! The below is merely an observation and is not directed at any specific group of people.***

You know, I really like my friends. But I hate getting teased about everything I do! I have made some new friends lately and it seems like the same thing is happening with them that has happened MANY times with any of the group of friends I've made through out my life. I start to get to know some people and things are really great. We laugh alot and just enjoy being around each other. But some where along the way it becomes "okay" to rip on Doug when ever they get the chance to. Like I said this has happened all my life and I really began to wonder why...

I have to admit I am a pretty goofy guy and, if you have ever MET me, I'm quite easy to make fun of. I honestly don't know exactly what it is. The reaction I give is probalble but I enjoy making my friends laugh and smile when they see me and talk to me. I don't mind letting myself become the target for so many EASY jabs. And boy are they easy ones. All the fat kid jokes? Come on, the 5 year olds in the Day Care I used to work at could use those on me. And the screaming like a woman? It's OBVIOUS that I do it. Way to point it out so everyone who couldn't hear me knows.

It's harmless fun when it comes to this kind of behavior coming from my close friends. But I've noticed that after a while, people just can't stop there! ANYTHING I do now is something that can or chould be made fun of. Like what I eat or how I talk or even the music I like. Stupid everyday things that make me who I am now become the butt of someones attempt to get a rise out of me. They just want a funny reaction out of chubby ole Doug. Sometimes the comments can get kind of offensive. There are times where I can't even play a game with people because all they want to do is stop, kill, or destroy me from having ANY sort of fun at all. It's no fun for me when that happens and that's where it starts to PISS ME OFF!!!

COME ON! There is a time and place where teasing and joking has to stop and feelings start to come into play. I can't be anyone else but myself and I wouldn't WANT to be anyone else either. So when everything I do becomes a just a joke or a some ten second giggle just to make someone else laugh, I begin to not want to do ANYTHING for fear that some close friend of mine will just put me down and laugh about it. It may not seem like much of anything to them because, hey, I'm goofy ole Doug. I can take it. We tease him all the time and he likes it. But... UGH... it really makes me angry when no one can see that enough is enough.

All my friends out there, please don't take this as me just whining that "everybody picks on me" or something. I know people pick on me and I definitley can handle it. Heck, I allow it. I would hope that the people who are my friends and should know me pretty well, would KNOW when they have gone too far. I may get torked about stuff and sometimes even annoyed but very few things will actually push me over the edge and FLIP OUT! I tell you what, I've gotten close a few times in the last few weeks and intend to continue to hold it back for the sake of my friends and myself.

I hate to say it but I'm a pushover. I want my friends to like me and I LET them push my buttons so much they don't know where the line is or how often and hard they can push them. I'm a soft chubby kid who has feelings too. I guess my "STOP PUSHING MY BUTTONS OR I'LL RIP YOUR BLODDY SPINE OUT" signal is not loud enough. I should add some christmas lights to it and maybe they can see it better. OOO... some nice green and purple ones should do the trick!

3 comments:

UTShaun said...

Its true Doug sorry.

Here is my stupid blog by the way.

http://shaunsblog-utshaun.blogspot.com/

UTShaun said...

My blog was just a commentary on why we do blogs. Like I said in my blog I don't know if it is good or not to talk to the internet I was just saying that. You have every right to be upset that we take it to far and if this is how you vent it is fine. My post was inspired by my, yours, chuck's, and other people's blogs, and wondering why we even post some of the things we do.

The-Doug.com said...

Gwah ha ha!! you survy scalawag!