Monday, July 10, 2006

Illegal fireworks are where it's at!

On our way home from Oregon last weekend, we picked some sweet Fireworks from the Illegal fireworks store. We didn't get home until late on the 4th so we decided to lite them off on the 5th with all our friends over. It was great fun.

Ben however didn't lite any of his that night so he had a bunch still to lite. Well, last night, we were bored and decided to finish them off out on our driveway. We quickly learned that flying fireworks and a carport didn't mix too well. After setting some of them off like they were supossed to, Ben wanted to experiment a little with them.

We threw a couple in the air and they went flying in crazy directions. I set one off that flew up and exploded as it hit the ceiling of the carport. That was pretty cool. I was tempted to light them off under Mike's car but that would've been a little TOO mean, even for Mike. There was giant exploding flowers, super spinny flying tops and mini-helicopter bombs. The best of all was the giant 5-shot roman candle! I had no idea how high or far it would shoot so when I aimed it up, I accidentally nailed the side of the brick house across the street! Luckily, the flaming retort landed on the cement walkway that was next to the house and no one was hurt.

After last night, I definitely know which fireworks I want to get for next year. WAIT! Screw next year! The 24th is right around the corner. Oregon, here I come again!

3 comments:

chuckbateman said...

Yes Doug I do moderate my comments. And the reason I do so is because it's not cool for somebody to post links like this http://www.dougsmomnaked.org See how that wouldn't be a nice thing for someone to do? ;)

Oh, and I get to approve comments because if somebody whines (cough, Doug) I can ignore it and spare everybody else the torture of that comment.

Oh and if you like I can show you how to moderate your comments. Mwahahahaha

Rach said...

Hey Doug, here's my site:

http://daverachkids.spaces.msn.com

It's interesting how different things are with kids and stuff. Dave mentions it all the time. How different he was before we got married. Now I've got him under my little thumb . . . ha ha ha! I hope my blog is not too boring for you. It might make you glad you don't have kids yet! I look forward to reading more of your blogs, too. It was great to see you tonight!

SalGal said...

Ahh, a man after my own law-breaking heart!