Monday, October 06, 2008

Who knows?

Knowing I’m mortal with an end in sight,
Fear rages with in, filling me with fright.
Am I able to rest and last through the night?
Who knows?

Thoughts racing mad as they shroud all desire.
My heart beating wild and will surely expire.
Constant distress, Will this ever tire?
Who knows?

Time slipping away and passing till dawn,
The hope of a life full of joy is gone.
But somehow, I think, Life after goes on.
Who knows?

Long after I go, where then will I be?
In heaven’s embrace? Or a fiery sea?
But then, will time even care about me?
Who knows?

Why should I then try when I’ll cease to exist?
When the moment does come, I’ll no longer persist
What then? Shall I leave but an incomplete list?
Who knows?

Fear over powers and scares me to live.
And death slowly comes and does not forgive
Faced with the choice, to die or relive?
...

2 comments:

Wyatt said...

Very good. Life and Death, tis Rocktober, very apropo.

Brad and Barb Cahoon said...

Wow, Doug. Your poetry is awesome (in both the traditional and current sense of the word). To be able to figure out our own thoughts is one thing, but to pen it in such a way is another. Thanks for sharing.