Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A poem by me

My mind is so full of thoughts yet so empty at the same time
Too many uncertainties and mixed feelings flood my drowning self.
Becoming so lost after finding light and hope from a familiar beacon
Have I failed? Did it only shine for a flicker of time?
Turning to me not so long ago and providing comfort and understanding.
Have I been cast aside and forgotten?

What did I do to shatter the glass of this broken tower?
That once stood strong in the dark night of unanswered questions.
Did I just turn away, looking with my eyes shut?
It’s hard for me to admit it but is all this pain my fault?
I want you; I need you to shine again for me.
Ever constant, you once were, come back to me again!

Shrouded with grief from my own disappointment
The tower fades from my sight and appears distant, absent.
Reaching forward with determination, I take it back again!
Making the choice to embrace the love that shone before,
Filling me with eyes I once used to guide my way.
Refusing to admit defeat as fears of rejection boil to the surface,

Accept my love as I demand it from you constantly.
No more will I stand for being alone and unsatisfied.
No longer will I deny myself from peace and happiness.
I need the light to fill my heart so I can reflect it back
Reinforcing each beacon so it can serve its purpose
I am its purpose, ever looking to it as it looks back at me.

I will have the light because the darkness never leaves.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

good to see you posting again...very nice and way more deep than I could ever be.

Bob said...

For months upon months... nothing, then this? You had a lot on your mind it looks like.