Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Promotion at the Mac Shack!


I just thought I'd tell you all that my job is getting "enhanced" in a matter of speaking. I work at Macaroni Grill as a Singer/Host. I sing in Italian for customers Birthday's and any other occasion that should permit a celebration of some sorts. It's kind of fun and I guess I'm good at it, seeing that my job is developing into a new position. Yay!

I'm going to become the "Singer Trainer". They think I do such a great job with the guests, they want me to help develop the other singers (there is only one other singer atm but they will hire more when this system gets put in place) and teach them what to do, what songs to sing, and also some Vocal technique and diction. I basically get to teach them voice lessons. Kind of cool!

I had to learn pretty much everything on my own and brought a lot of ideas in when I came on. I made my job what it is today pretty much just by doing what I saw needed to be done. I'm pretty sure this will result in a raise along with the new position. I'm making sure of that before they start requiring me to do things outside of my original job description.

They really want to keep me and have made that very clear to me. I started this job with the intention to quit. It was supposed to be a "Fun" job so I could get some experience singing and make some cash while in school. It's turned out to be pretty worthwhile. I'm valued and measures have been taken to keep me there. This is just the latest one.

I'm excited to finally have the chance to teach others what I have learned. If you know anyone that is remotely looking to Sing while on the job, let them know that Macaroni Grill is looking for talented singers. It's fun, low pressure, and best of all, you get to learn to sing with me! :P

Anyway, if you haven't come to see me sing, COME! Several family members and friends already have and I really do appreciate it. It's great to be supported in something as small as this. Not a weekend goes by that I don't see someone I know or who knows me. Honestly, I'm not joking. It's crazy. Thanks for saying hi!

-Doug

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Super cool! I think that place needs more singing anyway and who better to show people how to be a great singer than you! If I didn't have kids yet I would totally come work with you.