Saturday, May 31, 2008

Guess who I saw?

You'll never guess who came into Macaroni Grill tonight. My old High School Drama teacher, Mr. Stokoe!

It was so crazy! He totally looked the very same and totally remembered me. lol. From being Luther Billis in South Pacific to The Prince of Aragon in The Merchant of Venice. It was a hoot to see him and look back at all the things we did in High School.

We laughed and we reminisced about old memories. Like the time after practice when Mr Stokoe comes running down the Choir hall screaming about "pipes" and "a flood"after Chad Taylor and I were leaving rehearsal. We ran back stage to a shower of water and like 3"of water on the ground. Some pipe broke in the dressing rooms and water was EVERYWHERE! lol! We frantically threw towels, blankets, whatever we could find down at the doorways to the stage. All he wanted to do was stop the water from damaging the wood on the actual stage. I remember coming back stage and thinking Holy Crap! I was in awe as I walked through the flooded hallway when a Ceiling tile came crashing down behind me. I screamed like a girl no doubt. But in the end we got the water turned off and all was well. Good times.

His wife and kids were at the Grill celebrating his sons birthday. I got to Sing Happy Birthday in Italian like I do but it was great to be doing it for his son. It's so nice to share a moment like that with people I know and care about. I guess I love doing it. Especially for an old High School teacher like Mr. Stokoe.

-Doug

(I need to get my old pictures digitized so I can share them with all of you.)

3 comments:

Lara said...

So this comment has nothing to do with this post, but I had no where else to put it. But I wanted to comment on your little Progression of Mario slide show on the side bar. It totally took me back to the good old days. Our first Nintendo was a Super Nintendo and then we eventually graduated to the Nintendo 64. Remember how cool that was back in the day? The jump from 2D to 3D was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I played a Wii for the first time last weekend and was once again amazed at what is being done with video games these days. Thanks for a walk down memory lane.

Caroline said...

what high school did you go to?

The-Doug.com said...

Skyline.