Monday, September 18, 2006

The never ending sickness...

Well, it's been a few weeks now since I got sick and I think I am finally at the end of it. I have a moderate cough now but it has simmered down a bit in the last couple of days. I still am not wanting to eat very much though and I've lost some weight. Just in like my face and arms I think (at least that's what Jim told me).

I have been drinking water and taking my Flintstones vitamins daily and that has helped a whole bunch. Last week though, I woke up every morning with a desire to puke and I did. I believe my stomach was telling me I needed to eat more and especially breakfast. I had been going to school with scratchy voice but going none the less. However, thursday I bailed on school to try and not throw up in the morning. I did EVERYTHING I could to not puke. And guess what? I didn't!! I was so happy! :) I think I had finally got my physical health back under control.

Being that my voice was pretty messed up from losing it, I had to work hard to try and sing at all. My voice teacher told me to not sing or to sing only a little until I felt like enough was enough. I had been doing good and my choir teacher understood where I was coming from and let me just sit in class to take notes. At this point last week, I had developed a cough and was "hacking up a lung", as my stupid roommate called it, pretty much non stop.

School today was alot better. I feel great and energetic but still frustrated that my voice is NOT back up to par. I'm a freaking first Tenor and I can't maintain a dumb E most of the time. My high range is pretty much shot for right now. I can reach the note, scratch-aly, but can't make it sound good or consistently sing it. UGH!! Vocal Major my eye!!

We have a concert on Friday and I have memorized my music llike everyone else but I STILL need to practice with the actual choir and sing. Oh well, I think by the end of the week I should be better. Unless I catch some other dumb virus. STAY AWAY FROM DOUG!!! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME!!! Do you think that worked?

8 comments:

Bob said...

I hope I don't get sick just for reading your blog. How contagious are you?

Jim said...

I would have commented on your legs too, but we're not that close of friends...

The-Doug.com said...

LOL! Thanks Jim. :) you can comment on ANY body feature that you think has improved. I'm comfortable with it. *wink

And Bob, I'm not contagious anymore. I was but now, no longer.

SalGal said...

A herpes virus, huh? What happened to that good little mormon boy I used to know? ;)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

The-Doug.com said...

It was a herpes simplex virus. nothing sexual. >:[ grrrrr.

It was something that anyone could've caught. The doctor said it was a virus that was commonly seen at this time of year and usually while going to school. I didn't kiss or do anything with anyone to get it. I just caught it.

just so you know. :)

chuckbateman said...

But you're feeling better now, right fatty?

Lacey said...

Hey did you know that you haven't updated this blog in over a year!! Sad...so sad

The-Doug.com said...

hey